A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Check it out!!
And another pic!
Damn, they are a set of Fine looking men.
Oh yeah, the link!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,992/
And another pic!
Damn, they are a set of Fine looking men.
Oh yeah, the link!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,992/
What's with all the Unreleased games that Aaron mentioned, Black Pearl and Guardian... I couldn't find anything on them...
That was certainly a good read... Didn't give us a new release date on the 3Cards though... But at least we know the project hasn't been stopped...
Thanks Jen...
That was certainly a good read... Didn't give us a new release date on the 3Cards though... But at least we know the project hasn't been stopped...
Thanks Jen...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...
Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...
*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...
*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Thanks so much, Jen. I will hold onto this saved cash a while longer.
This will be my first game in 3 years. I can't wait!
I think it's hilarious how everyone wants to badger them about Tex; while on one hand I sense and understand AC's and CJ's frustration with it ("which I guess we’ll get to in a minute"!), I am glad to see that others are still excited about the thought of Tex. And did you notice their talk of a "Tex Murphy 'series' of episodes, similar to what Telltale is doing with Sam & Max"? Whatever, guys...we'll take whatever!
I think it's hilarious how everyone wants to badger them about Tex; while on one hand I sense and understand AC's and CJ's frustration with it ("which I guess we’ll get to in a minute"!), I am glad to see that others are still excited about the thought of Tex. And did you notice their talk of a "Tex Murphy 'series' of episodes, similar to what Telltale is doing with Sam & Max"? Whatever, guys...we'll take whatever!
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*
(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*
(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Well, we certainly mentioned here the idea of Tex divided in episodes. It's not too far fetched, especially considering the old chapter and day separations they already had in UAKM and Pandora.
It's not that players lack time to play long games, it's just they typically lack the consecutive time. Break it down while keeping the interest up and it could possibly work. Sort of like a good book. "I'll just play one more chapter tonight, then I close the lights".
I'm a little worried about this quote though:
It's not that players lack time to play long games, it's just they typically lack the consecutive time. Break it down while keeping the interest up and it could possibly work. Sort of like a good book. "I'll just play one more chapter tonight, then I close the lights".
I'm a little worried about this quote though:
It's dangerously threading on Roman de Gare territory. I don't want games to become quick, stimulating, time killing little things that are instantly disposable once it did the job it intended, without providing any memorable experience. It's fine for SOME games, but I fear the industry is moving too much into that direction, and I'd hate to see this happen to all good titles, Tex included.Another thing is that most users only have an hour or two free to play, so they want something that’s punchy, gets to the point, is entertaining, and doesn’t drag on and frustrate them.
Part-Time Nomad
It never ceases to amaze me how two words from those guys can get me so flipping excited! I really appreciate their determination. I hope wholeheartedly this game sells well not just because I want more games, but because they truly deserve to be successful because of how hard they slave for their craft.
I'm a programmer myself, that's my profession, and I have a deep love for it. So, I definitely understand where they are coming from. Designing good software is such a sense of accomplishment. I should volunteer some time for them as a slave coder!
~Keck
I'm a programmer myself, that's my profession, and I have a deep love for it. So, I definitely understand where they are coming from. Designing good software is such a sense of accomplishment. I should volunteer some time for them as a slave coder!
~Keck
This article was really uplifting. I can't wait to have a go at this new game of theirs.
Integrating a good story with good gameplay is definitely a large challenge of the video game medium. Most games are lucky to have 1, and it's rare to find a game with both.
Nevertheless, there will always be that audience of the younger crowd that can dedicate hours upon hours exploring virtual worlds and replaying games over and over to unlock more rewards.
Personally i really dislike the idea of casual/hardcore games. In my opinion, you can play a game like let's say Fallout 3 for an hour or two each day, or just on the weekend. Inversely, there are people that spend hours upon hours playing Bejewled or Peggle. Any game can be played with a casual or hardcore mentality.
But i kinda steered off track, driving into rant territory.
3 Cards to Midnight. I can't wait!
Integrating a good story with good gameplay is definitely a large challenge of the video game medium. Most games are lucky to have 1, and it's rare to find a game with both.
I doubt it will. Games are exploring the casual space because the average age of the gamer is now around 33 (at least according to a recent Australian study). People with jobs, families and other commitments i imagine don't have the time to spend of people still in high school or university on gaming.Frank wrote:It's dangerously threading on Roman de Gare territory. I don't want games to become quick, stimulating, time killing little things that are instantly disposable once it did the job it intended, without providing any memorable experience. It's fine for SOME games, but I fear the industry is moving too much into that direction, and I'd hate to see this happen to all good titles, Tex included.
Nevertheless, there will always be that audience of the younger crowd that can dedicate hours upon hours exploring virtual worlds and replaying games over and over to unlock more rewards.
Personally i really dislike the idea of casual/hardcore games. In my opinion, you can play a game like let's say Fallout 3 for an hour or two each day, or just on the weekend. Inversely, there are people that spend hours upon hours playing Bejewled or Peggle. Any game can be played with a casual or hardcore mentality.
But i kinda steered off track, driving into rant territory.
3 Cards to Midnight. I can't wait!
I gots a webcomic! http://yetanothercomic.com
Chris isn't looking bad for his age at all. He's about 50 now isn't he? I was reading that he doesn't drink or smoke apparently, it certainly pays off given how energetic he looks.
As for the discussion with shorter gaming, I agree. I'm still passionate about gaming, but sadly, unlike my school days, I just don't have the same amount of time for them like I used to. I'd openly welcome episodic based games so I can play it chapter by chapter, like a novel.
Can't wait for three cards!
As for the discussion with shorter gaming, I agree. I'm still passionate about gaming, but sadly, unlike my school days, I just don't have the same amount of time for them like I used to. I'd openly welcome episodic based games so I can play it chapter by chapter, like a novel.
Can't wait for three cards!
Yeah I noticed the same thing... They must send a letter saying "We want to interview you on your new game 3 Cards"... And then when the Interview happens, it's almost nothing but questions about Tex... They start off the interview with Tex, ask like 5 questions about Tex... Then one of the guys try to steer the interview to 3 Cards, you get 1 maybe 2 questions about 3 Cards and then you get another 5 or 6 about Tex...plumgas wrote:these interviews with chris & aaron, seem to be the same questions. They must get pissed off a bit to have the same questions asked.
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...
Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...
*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...
*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
You can't blame the media in a way though. Remember, TM is not only CJ and AC's signature collaboration, it's one of the most legendary productions of the whole Interactive Movie and Adventure gaming franchise. It would be kind of like interviewing Ringo Starr and asking him more questions about his solo career than his tenure in The Beatles.