Page 2 of 6

Posted: April 05, 2007 • 6:41 pm
by Jen
Great one Jerry Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is fun! My number is: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Dude, I love LOST!!!!!

Posted: April 05, 2007 • 8:00 pm
by Jerry Dan
Me, too, Jen! I just bought the first two seasons on DVD, and am quite happy with the way it's going this season.

Mystery, adventure, intrigue, humor, romance, and drama. Seems familiar. I know I've seen that winning combination somewhere else around here...

Posted: April 05, 2007 • 10:10 pm
by freepizza
My sister, my girlfriend, and I are all big fans of Lost. The best new show running right now besides House.

That episode with the Spiders really freaked me out. I hate spiders :shock:

Posted: April 06, 2007 • 12:02 pm
by Jen
MmmmKay. I think I sent out Nintendo "invites" to the 3 of you, and my Mii is set to travel. Let's see if we can't get these little guys together. Check your message boards. Let me know if anything did, or didn't arrive. :wink:

Posted: April 06, 2007 • 12:53 pm
by Vracar
So I buy the first season of Lost. I start watching it. My dad starts watching it. My sister starts watching it. I buy season 2. My dad and sister finish it up, I catch up with them later. Now my dad, my mom and I watch Lost. My mom says, "This show is stupid!", and then sits there watching the rest of the show.

As for news on the Wii...

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/manhunt2/index.html

Manhunt 2. On the Wii. *shudders*

Posted: April 06, 2007 • 8:08 pm
by Fred Buer
I took one look at the premise of 'Lost' and decided it wasn't for me. It was clear to me then that the producers just took some random stereotype characters, threw them onto an island which scores high on the Weird-$#it-o-Meter(tm) (quoted from Will Smith iirc) and lets random, weird stuff happen to them.

Based on this I knew there is absolutely not a snowball's chance in the fiery pits of hell they could pull it off for long without writing themselves into a corner as to how they'll END it. And shows like these always end one way or the other, either abruptly which I HATE! Because there's no closure when the company cuts it off and lets it go, or they have to resort to the It-Was-All-Just-A-Dream ending; which pisses me off terminally because that means I've just spent hours upon hours watching and feeling for these characters, and in this fictional universe where it's all happening - even THERE, it wasn't real, none of it. Which makes me feel like I've wasted all that time.

So seeing as how Lost is still going strong, here's my educated guess as a story-teller how this thing'll end, based upon my very limited knowledge.

These people have gone to purgatory, after having died in that stupid planecrash at the beginning of the show. They're the ones who died when the plane went down, not the other passengers. They're the ones who've been rescued and are a-okay back in the world of the living.

Which would explain a lot of things, really.

Now - how do I know so much about this tv show that I purportedly don't watch? My gorram friends never shut their gorram faces about it, THAT'S why :D

Gimme season 2 of Firefly. In the meantime I'll let you guys have your thread back. Soz for the rant :D

-Fred

Posted: April 06, 2007 • 10:11 pm
by Jerry Dan
Fred, I don't think that's it at all. They actually came up with the master plan (including the endpoint) at the beginning. They have a number of benchmarks and secrets to be revealed, and they develop the details of how to get from point A to point B as they go.

It has been confirmed multiple times that they are not in purgatory.
I took one look at the premise of 'Lost' and decided it wasn't for me. It was clear to me then that the producers just took some random stereotype characters, threw them onto an island which scores high on the Weird-$#it-o-Meter(tm) (quoted from Will Smith iirc) and lets random, weird stuff happen to them.
I thought that at first, too, and that's why I didn't start watching it until it had been on for two years. I was wrong about it, as I happily admit now.

Posted: April 07, 2007 • 2:18 am
by Cubase
Jen, I got your message and your message and your Mii character! Woot!

I also got your message Vracar.

I went to the Mii Parade too and saw Nick and Kleem... I dunno who's guys those are. One of yours perhaps.

This is so cool!

Anyway I sent yo both my Mii character. I think it mimics me pretty well (I always have some form of sunglasses on, unless of course they are broken for overuse!)

-Cub. =o)

Posted: April 07, 2007 • 10:50 am
by Jim the old guy
My better half loves Lost and she enjoys House as well. The best shows on TV? Hmmm. In my humble - yet useless - opinion, 24 is the best series on TV. We watch it faithfully every week and sit with hands tightly gripping armrests. Whew! Love that show!

Posted: April 07, 2007 • 11:04 am
by freepizza
I havent watched 24 since its first season. I dont think I'd ever be able to catch up, even though I really liked the show.

Posted: April 07, 2007 • 10:35 pm
by Jen
Hey MATEY!!! I got ya! That was too funny, watching you fall into my little Mii plaza.

You're so cute!!!!!


Net, Vracar? Nothing yet.

Oh BTW cubbie, where's the Stolen life review????? :shock:

Posted: April 08, 2007 • 3:12 am
by Cubase
Hehehe... thought you might like that Jen.

Re: the review... actually, am still currently writing it (got Word open as we speak)... will be ready soon!

-Cub. =o)

Posted: April 08, 2007 • 3:49 pm
by michel pronk
Im scared to write in "The Wii friends thread!!" for i dont have one

But i am the proud father of ...... Drummroll please

Image
There our pup is only a few hours old at 220 grams by the name of Yuno The oficial breaders name is Destiny of the lovely rose cavaliers. Destiny is the name we gave the rest is breaders name.

The breaders name had to start with a D and this was the first pup born so we thought it was a goud choise.

Posted: April 08, 2007 • 4:43 pm
by netroam
Hey guys!

I have been on vacation for the past 4 days, so I haven't been able to check up on this thread. I'll check it out tomorrow and be sure to have my Mii put on parade, so you can see me as well.

Just gotta set it up again and plugged it in. Don't really wanna do it right now seeing as how it's getting near 1 AM and I'm a bit tired after a long 3 hour drive home :D

Posted: April 09, 2007 • 11:27 am
by netroam
Alright - My Mii is now set to mingle and I have put it up so it is allowed to Travel ... when I tried to go to the Mii Parade just now, there wasn't anyone there ... does that just mean that none of you were online at the same time I checked or what does it mean?

I have added you all in my address book btw. ... but I don't quite know what to do next ... can anyone give me a little pointer as to what to do? :D