Page 2 of 2
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 6:17 pm
by freepizza
Spaceballs
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 6:28 pm
by Fred Buer
That your idea of a reference, there Baf?

Also it's the first Star Wars, also known as Just Star Wars, Episode 4, and Star Wars: Episode 4 - A New Hope.
I might be wrong Frank, but... Never So Few?
Here's one for The Old Guy: "...Your spurs."
And here's one for the rest of you: "Reflexes! That's what you've got! Me? I got brains!"
(Which are by the way, two of my most favorite movies ever!)
-Fred
PS: Also, yes, I'm still alive! Just been hectic with lots of work lately and stuff, so... I'll be around more often soon, I promise!
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 6:59 pm
by Bafitis
Fred Buer wrote:That your idea of a reference, there Baf?
My idea for reference of what???
Fred Buer wrote:And here's one for the rest of you: "Reflexes! That's what you've got! Me? I got brains!"
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but that's from Mad Max isn't it???
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 9:15 pm
by Fred Buer
Which one?
-Fred
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 9:18 pm
by Bafitis
Fred Buer wrote:Which one?
-Fred
Ahhh since you're asking that I'm gonna guess and say the 2nd one... lol
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 9:28 pm
by Fred Buer
Good choice! It is indeed Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.
One of my all time favorites!
-Fred
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 9:34 pm
by Bafitis
Funny you bring up Mad Max, Thunderdome is coming on at 2am...
And Demon with the Back to the Future comment, that's on now...
"Do you know any of these shows or people I'm talking about?"
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 30, 2009 • 9:39 pm
by Frank
You're right on Never so Few. Sinatra, McQueen and Bronson. Fast forward every Lolobrigida scenes and you have a wonderful cast!
The spurs, it's tickling the tip of my tongue, but it's eluding me for now.
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: March 31, 2009 • 6:28 am
by DrPaul
This one's obscure, but one of my favorites:
"If only I could steal enough to become an honest man!"
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: April 01, 2009 • 5:49 am
by DrPaul
Ignore my post.
I didn't follow the rules and just blurted out a favorite quote.
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: April 01, 2009 • 5:37 pm
by Jim the old guy
"your spurs" is from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Blondie - Clint Eastwood - said it to the three men who tried to ambush him in his hotel room. Course, he forgot about the window where Tuco entered. Great movie!
How about this one: "This could very well be the most stupidest man on the face of the earth." I think that is how it goes.
Re: The Movie Quotes game!
Posted: April 01, 2009 • 7:02 pm
by Fred Buer
You're good Jim, really good!
The quote you were going for is almost correct, but it's "person", not "man". If indeed I'm thinking of the right one, of course.
I'll let someone else solve it now
Meanwhile, here's another one from a film I saw for the very first time last night, and damn, I wish I'd have taken the time to see it sooner. What a movie!
"You think you're big time!? You're gonna f***in'
die, big time!!"
-Fred