Sydney Fireworks

I know all you Aussies are proud of that huge fireworks display you got going for you (Biggest in the world as far as I know) every new years.

How will the loss of that fireworks factory impact this years display?

And did any of you hear it/experience any of the effects/see the spectacularities when it went up?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
The loss of he fireworks factory only effects the cities of Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide, as their displays were relying on the materials from that factory. Sydney on the other hand used other suppliers, and lucky too!

They say this years display will be the biggest and most expensive ever! I am going to be there with mates, might see if I can snag some footage on my camera too!

Happy new years everyone!

-Cub. =o)
Jolly good!

Also (I swear, I'm gonna kick that habit!) I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2008!

May it be a year of good news and happy times.

-Fred

PS: My new years resolution is to try to cut down on sentences beginning with the word 'Also'.
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Last years new years resolution was pretty easy for me. Eat more, get fatter. Or something along those lines. I have accomplished my goal for last year. This year I'm going with something much harder, and I've already started. I vow to finally, after years of debating, quit smoking. Period. No more inhalation of anything that isn't air. More times than I care to admit this year I would wake up with such a violent cough, that I feel if I don't have lung cancer yet, I'm going to get it soon. I figured that life would still be enjoyable without nicotine. So there. Whether I can stick to the guns this year, or not, is a whole other story. I hope I can, but we'll see.

Australia does rule the fireworks scene. I seen a video of last years new years thing-amajig, and I thought it rocked out better than anything I've seen in person. Columbus OH used to have a really good show for our independence day celebration, but nothing like that.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Try keeping something else in your mouth ;)
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
What was the news with the fireworks display?

I had some new years resolutions in mind but I've forgotten them all as my girlfriend dumped me last night. She's coming round tonight to pick her things up.

But back to the factory - what happened?
David
Crap David, I'm sorry. These things better not come in threes.......
Jen
Well hopefully the next girlfriends will.... :D

Would be nice if they were queuing at the door. I'm on a dating site already and let's see what the new year drags in... 8)
David
Best of British luck to you Dave ol' son!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I'm getting the feeling this must be the dumping season. Something like that happened to me a few weeks ago... Hang in there DL, things will get better.
Image
I've got my sights on a wee lass these days. I'm kinda hoping she won't get away from me, to be honest. But time will tell.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Poor ol' DL, the girlfriends do seem to be coming in threes at the moment! Well, twos... but the third is sure to show up at some point! Pub tomorrow, yippee! What's all this about a dating site? Waitrose not good enough for you?

B
PS David I would queue at your door but I don't know where you live!! :roll:
"If Christianity is just a church, it's useless!" -- Revd. Les Isaacs
What's this then?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
It's an example of first class stalking, Fred! Ask Davey :wink:
"If Christianity is just a church, it's useless!" -- Revd. Les Isaacs