Page 1 of 1
A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 8:28 pm
by Jen
Check it out!!
And another pic!
Damn, they are a set of Fine looking men.
Oh yeah, the link!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,992/
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 8:55 pm
by Frank
Aaron continues the trend of never looking the same in every picture we get, and Chris is ever so debonaire.
Thanks for the link! Interesting perspective, once again.
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 8:58 pm
by Bafitis
What's with all the Unreleased games that Aaron mentioned, Black Pearl and Guardian... I couldn't find anything on them...
That was certainly a good read... Didn't give us a new release date on the 3Cards though... But at least we know the project hasn't been stopped...
Thanks Jen...
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 9:07 pm
by Jerry Dan
Thanks so much, Jen. I will hold onto this saved cash a while longer.

This will be my first game in 3 years. I can't wait!
I think it's hilarious how everyone wants to badger them about Tex; while on one hand I sense and understand AC's and CJ's frustration with it ("which I guess we’ll get to in a minute"!), I am glad to see that others are still excited about the thought of Tex. And did you notice their talk of a "
Tex Murphy 'series' of episodes, similar to what Telltale is doing with Sam & Max"? Whatever, guys...we'll take whatever!
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 9:19 pm
by Frank
Well, we certainly mentioned here the idea of Tex divided in episodes. It's not too far fetched, especially considering the old chapter and day separations they already had in UAKM and Pandora.
It's not that players lack time to play long games, it's just they typically lack the consecutive time. Break it down while keeping the interest up and it could possibly work. Sort of like a good book. "I'll just play one more chapter tonight, then I close the lights".
I'm a little worried about this quote though:
Another thing is that most users only have an hour or two free to play, so they want something that’s punchy, gets to the point, is entertaining, and doesn’t drag on and frustrate them.
It's dangerously threading on Roman de Gare territory. I don't want games to become quick, stimulating, time killing little things that are instantly disposable once it did the job it intended, without providing any memorable experience. It's fine for SOME games, but I fear the industry is moving too much into that direction, and I'd hate to see this happen to all good titles, Tex included.
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 18, 2009 • 10:38 pm
by litlkeck
It never ceases to amaze me how two words from those guys can get me so flipping excited! I really appreciate their determination. I hope wholeheartedly this game sells well not just because I want more games, but because they truly deserve to be successful because of how hard they slave for their craft.
I'm a programmer myself, that's my profession, and I have a deep love for it. So, I definitely understand where they are coming from. Designing good software is such a sense of accomplishment. I should volunteer some time for them as a slave coder!
~Keck
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 19, 2009 • 1:17 am
by joliet_jane
Now I can go to bed happy.

Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 19, 2009 • 2:18 am
by Atomicvegetable
This article was really uplifting. I can't wait to have a go at this new game of theirs.
Integrating a good story with good gameplay is definitely a large challenge of the video game medium. Most games are lucky to have 1, and it's rare to find a game with both.
Frank wrote:It's dangerously threading on Roman de Gare territory. I don't want games to become quick, stimulating, time killing little things that are instantly disposable once it did the job it intended, without providing any memorable experience. It's fine for SOME games, but I fear the industry is moving too much into that direction, and I'd hate to see this happen to all good titles, Tex included.
I doubt it will. Games are exploring the casual space because the average age of the gamer is now around 33 (at least according to a recent Australian study). People with jobs, families and other commitments i imagine don't have the time to spend of people still in high school or university on gaming.
Nevertheless, there will always be that audience of the younger crowd that can dedicate hours upon hours exploring virtual worlds and replaying games over and over to unlock more rewards.
Personally i really dislike the idea of casual/hardcore games. In my opinion, you can play a game like let's say Fallout 3 for an hour or two each day, or just on the weekend. Inversely, there are people that spend hours upon hours playing Bejewled or Peggle. Any game can be played with a casual or hardcore mentality.
But i kinda steered off track, driving into rant territory.
3 Cards to Midnight. I can't wait!

Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 19, 2009 • 4:56 am
by Joel
Chris isn't looking bad for his age at all. He's about 50 now isn't he? I was reading that he doesn't drink or smoke apparently, it certainly pays off given how energetic he looks.
As for the discussion with shorter gaming, I agree. I'm still passionate about gaming, but sadly, unlike my school days, I just don't have the same amount of time for them like I used to. I'd openly welcome episodic based games so I can play it chapter by chapter, like a novel.
Can't wait for three cards!
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 21, 2009 • 3:35 pm
by Paulino
I would like to say, very good news, but basicly no NEW news mentioned in this article. Basicly they motivated me to play again UKM and I am very excited to by 3CM. And it was nice to see picture od CJ and AC.
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 22, 2009 • 4:49 am
by plumgas
these interviews with chris & aaron, seem to be the same questions. They must get pissed off a bit to have the same questions asked.
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 22, 2009 • 8:14 pm
by Bafitis
plumgas wrote:these interviews with chris & aaron, seem to be the same questions. They must get pissed off a bit to have the same questions asked.
Yeah I noticed the same thing... They must send a letter saying "We want to interview you on your new game 3 Cards"... And then when the Interview happens, it's almost nothing but questions about Tex... They start off the interview with Tex, ask like 5 questions about Tex... Then one of the guys try to steer the interview to 3 Cards, you get 1 maybe 2 questions about 3 Cards and then you get another 5 or 6 about Tex...
Re: A new Article on Chris and Aaron.
Posted: March 23, 2009 • 2:00 am
by Joel
You can't blame the media in a way though. Remember, TM is not only CJ and AC's signature collaboration, it's one of the most legendary productions of the whole Interactive Movie and Adventure gaming franchise. It would be kind of like interviewing Ringo Starr and asking him more questions about his solo career than his tenure in The Beatles.