april fool virus

beware of this virus heading tomorrow wednesday 1st april, this not a joke.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I don't believe in computer viruses.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
I heard about it on the News... Not sure how much stock I put into it though... How can they determine that something is out there that isn't even activated yet??? When I heard them talk about it on the News it made me think of the Y2K BS 9 years ago... And before that there was hype about September 9th in 1999 {9/9/99}...

But as to not have any worries, I'll run my VP before doing anything of great value, like online banking or anything, just to be on the safe side...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...


Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
yeah microsoft is offering $250,000us for information on the person responsible. There is no instruction with the virus as yet & no-one knows what it is going to do. Did read an article on how it's going to be tough to remove later on.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
According to what I heard on the News that's a quick way to check and see if you have it... Just try going to a site like Microsoft's or Norton's... If you are able to access their site, you don't have the virus... Somehow the virus will block you from going to those types of sites so you will be unable to remove it...

We'll see... I think it will turn out to just be a big rumor... Something Microsoft probably started in order to get people to flock to their site to buy up Virus Protection programs...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...


Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Surely it's an april fool? Did anyone get affected by it?
David
Not me.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
My computer did NOT get infected but today I have developed a terrible itch in my rear-recto-cavity. Could it be related?
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Jim the old guy wrote:My computer did NOT get infected but today I have developed a terrible itch in my rear-recto-cavity. Could it be related?
WOW, can anyone say TMI... lol


It could be related though Jim, the Worm could have left your computer and quietly waited for you on your computer chair...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...


Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Going to a page like rectalcream.com and rubbing your butt against the monitor will not relieve your pains, Jim. Contrary to popular belief. It might, however, stink up your screen.

Also, if someone walks into the room and catches you with your pants down and you fall off your chair, no amount of geritol will help you back on your feet.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Last edited by Frank on April 01, 2009 • 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit: I posted in entirely the wrong thread!
Part-Time Nomad
You guys are too funny. :lol:
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"