Page 1 of 1

The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 1:06 pm
by Jen
Aaron posted on the Three Cards to Midnight forum!!!

Copied from there:

Post subject: Back in the Saddle again!Posted: Apr 18, 2009 12:18 pm

For all of you who've continued to stop by faithfully, hoping for new updates, we offer our sincerest apologies for not posting more frequently. Anyone who's ever worked in a project cycle will appreciate how easy it is to lose track of time in the "outside world" - especially when you're on tight deadlines. It seems like every time we turn around, another month has flown by.

Well, we finally have the news you visitors have been waiting for! Three Cards to Midnight is done and ready to be released!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, our early vision of this game was quite different from what it's become. The game market (especially downloadable games) has changed radically in the past year; what would have been new and interesting a year ago would likely be outdated today.

Fortunately, we made a decision back in November to essentially start over and make Three Cards to Midnight a game that would stand out from the crowd and really deliver an excellent game experience. The problem was always lack of resources, but we took a gamble and decided that it would be "all or nothing": either we would succeed with this game and get to make more games, or we would blow all our money and use up all our personal favors in a spectacular failure!

Only time (and sales) will tell if we accomplished our goal. We think we have. We're SO excited about this game and think people will really enjoy it.

We still have some details to work out regarding distribution, but our intention is to have it available on May 6. And we'll let everyone know as soon as we do where you can get it.

Thanks again for your support! I hope (and believe) Three Cards to Midnight will be worth the wait!

Aaron



Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 2:46 pm
by jcarnby
Whew! Truly exciting news. Thanks for posting Jen; I hadn't checked the official site in a while...

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 3:14 pm
by freepizza
I hope they can get the sales they need. These guys have always made quality games, and besides Tex, I would just like them to be able to continue in something they really enjoy. I know I'll be getting my copy.

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 4:38 pm
by litlkeck
I'll TAKE 20!!!! GIMMEE!! :) Ya, good day! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Jen.

Wahooo!!

~Keck

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 9:27 pm
by Bafitis
May 6th has been marked on the Calendar... :D

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 9:40 pm
by plumgas
I posted the same news in the offical word being the best place for the news.
I have a feeling maybe it won't be a download version, I hope not as the aussie's supporters will have to wait longer.

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 9:57 pm
by joliet_jane
Bafitis wrote:May 6th has been marked on the Calendar... :D
May 2009, right?

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 10:00 pm
by plumgas
LOL.....yeah mate 2009

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 18, 2009 • 11:35 pm
by Frank
This is quite exciting. When you think about it, we haven't bought anything from this dynamic duo in over ten years.

I think my friends will all get the same gifts this summer :P

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 19, 2009 • 12:32 am
by Joel
This is almost as good as a Beatles reunion ;)

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 19, 2009 • 11:45 am
by Atomicvegetable
woah! who would have thought my random procrastination on a university essay in the middle of the night would have turned up such good news. *dances*

Re: The other shoe looks ready to drop!!!!

Posted: April 19, 2009 • 5:35 pm
by James LeMosy
In preparation for the shoe drop: http://www.bigfinishgames.com/index.php :)