Page 1 of 1

Question re: GOG

Posted: May 15, 2010 • 7:30 am
by dcat151
I finally got around to purchasing all of the Tex Murphy titles from Gog. Everything's good, but I did notice that on my credit card statement, I was charged a foreign transaction fee. It's only 1%, so it's no big deal, but I am curious if anyone else was assessed this fee. I think the prices are all listed in U.S. Dollars, and my card was charged in U.S. Dollars, so I'm not sure why it was charge. Again, it's no big deal, but I was interested to see if anyone else had experienced this as well.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 15, 2010 • 7:43 am
by sam10100
It might be because GOG says they are based in Europe.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 15, 2010 • 7:00 pm
by dcat151
That would make sense then. I'm sure that was somewhere on the site (probably prominently displayed) and I just missed it. Thanks.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 15, 2010 • 8:54 pm
by sam10100
Actually I had to hunt for it. It was well hidden so don't feel bad you missed it.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 21, 2010 • 1:55 am
by plumgas
I only get charged the fee when pay pal uses my credit card, when it comes my savings account i don't get charged fees.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 21, 2010 • 12:00 pm
by GarySogar
Yes, I get the charge too.

Re: Question re: GOG

Posted: May 21, 2010 • 2:27 pm
by Bafitis
I didn't even notice... lol

I'll have to pay closer attention next time...