Page 1 of 1

Pizza Question

Posted: September 03, 2010 • 11:51 pm
by lestat666
Is it true that eggs are a popular pizza topping in Australia??

If so... that's kinda gross :?

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 04, 2010 • 12:49 am
by Bafitis
lestat666 wrote:Is it true that eggs are a popular pizza topping in Australia??

If so... that's kinda gross :?
I've had something called a Breakfast Pizza before, but it's quite different than your regular pizza... It has a gravy type sauce with Sausage, Bacon, and Egg toppings... And the crust is more like a biscuit or muffin...

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 04, 2010 • 5:23 am
by Jim the old guy
Here in the Detroit area we have a place called Cloverleaf Pizza, a VERY popular hangout for people of all ages. A few years ago the Eastpointe C.O.C. held a breakfast meeting there and one of the choices was sausage and egg pizza. Man! Was that delicious! Also, they served a variety of dessert pizzas and those were almost as good.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 04, 2010 • 11:03 am
by lestat666
Hmm,
don't know anywhere around here tha serves that.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 07, 2010 • 4:57 pm
by plumgas
never seen eggs on a pizza in au

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 07, 2010 • 5:39 pm
by freepizza
It sounds really good.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 3:29 am
by Joel
It is indeed true that egg is a pizza topping on select types. Commonly, it is seen on:

Mexican/Volcano: tomato paste, salami,cheese, capsicum, olives and egg

Aussie: Egg, cheese, bacon and egg


Personally, I love it. It may sound a bit off, but the egg is applied before cooking it. It comes out crispy and runs over the top of the pizza, you don't just drop it in one spot. When I make pizzas I do it from time to time. I wholly recommend the Aussie pizza.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 7:16 am
by dcat151
Back in college I was known to fry an egg for breakfast and have it on top of a leftover cold piece of pizza. I've never tried cooking the egg as part of the pizza, though.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 7:39 am
by plumgas
Joel wrote:It is indeed true that egg is a pizza topping on select types. Commonly, it is seen on:

Mexican/Volcano: tomato paste, salami,cheese, capsicum, olives and egg

Aussie: Egg, cheese, bacon and egg


Personally, I love it. It may sound a bit off, but the egg is applied before cooking it. It comes out crispy and runs over the top of the pizza, you don't just drop it in one spot. When I make pizzas I do it from time to time. I wholly recommend the Aussie pizza.
well I love an egg roll but haven't seen a egg pizza.
eggs being a common grocery item, that's a topping I wouldn't order out for.
eggs on toast sunday morning with chesse on top my favourite occasional breakfast.

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 5:30 pm
by Cubase
Joel wrote:It is indeed true that egg is a pizza topping on select types. Commonly, it is seen on:

Mexican/Volcano: tomato paste, salami,cheese, capsicum, olives and egg

Aussie: Egg, cheese, bacon and egg


Personally, I love it. It may sound a bit off, but the egg is applied before cooking it. It comes out crispy and runs over the top of the pizza, you don't just drop it in one spot. When I make pizzas I do it from time to time. I wholly recommend the Aussie pizza.
Yeah that's right... actually I think Pizza hut over here at one for a short time that was: Egg, Bacon, BBQ Beef, Potato and BBQ sauce... it was the aussie BBQ pizza.... not bad.

-Cub. =o)

I've got a pizza question, too.

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 6:11 pm
by Jerry Dan
Is it free?

Re: Pizza Question

Posted: September 08, 2010 • 6:14 pm
by plumgas