Page 1 of 2
BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 24, 2012 • 8:29 pm
by Joel
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 5:01 am
by Sai
Ooh awesome news. I actually have the original Beneath A Steel Sky boxed from Sold Out software (budget release) back when I was a kid in the 90s before it went freeware. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played it to grab it on GOG.com where it is totally free. It's well worth it. Interesting story and setting. I like dystopian themes so I'll be looking forward to the sequel.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 5:24 am
by Joel
Sai wrote: I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played it to grab it on GOG.com where it is totally free. It's well worth it.
Your wasting your time in recommending to the good people of this community to play the first game

There is no way that a true hardcore adventure gamer that is over the age of twenty has not played this game. But I do echo your sentiments in how important to the genre the game is. I'll have to dust off my copy and revisit it.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 6:32 am
by Fred Buer
I AM SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY JOYOUS CELEBRATORY CLOG DANCING!
-Fred
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 6:53 am
by Joel
Fred Buer wrote:I AM SORRY I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY JOYOUS CELEBRATORY CLOG DANCING!
-Fred
Just read, it's been cancelled due to funding falling through:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/4204 ... -cancelled
Worse still, Tex is facing a similar fate:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/4204 ... up-its-hat
GOTCHA!
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 7:07 am
by dcat151
Nice! I enjoyed BASS and can't wait to see what the second installment brings.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 7:26 am
by Fred Buer
You narrowly avoided clogging there, Joel. And you wouldn't want to be clogged by clogs, now would you?
-Fred
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 7:40 am
by Joel
Clog no!
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 7:53 am
by Mr. Thomas Malloy
Suddenly, Malloy remembered he was in need of a plunger ...
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 4:13 pm
by Chandler
Joel wrote:Your wasting your time in recommending to the good people of this community to play the first game

There is no way that a true hardcore adventure gamer that is over the age of twenty has not played this game. But I do echo your sentiments in how important to the genre the game is. I'll have to dust off my copy and revisit it.
I have to admit I've never played it, although I have a closet shelf full of other adventure games: Longest Journey, Gabriel Knight, etc.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 5:14 pm
by Joel
Chandler wrote:Joel wrote:Your wasting your time in recommending to the good people of this community to play the first game

There is no way that a true hardcore adventure gamer that is over the age of twenty has not played this game. But I do echo your sentiments in how important to the genre the game is. I'll have to dust off my copy and revisit it.
I have to admit I've never played it, although I have a closet shelf full of other adventure games: Longest Journey, Gabriel Knight, etc.
Sacrilege!
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 25, 2012 • 6:34 pm
by plumgas
since fedora has received their money I know this is all crap, I also have not played beneath a steel sky
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 27, 2012 • 4:28 am
by lestat666
I haven't played either..... =(
I did get the free version off of GOG, and plan to play it someday.
I did play the next best thing though. Bladerunner.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 27, 2012 • 7:49 am
by Sai
lestat666 wrote:I did play the next best thing though. Bladerunner.
Great atmospheric game.

I have it boxed but I wonder if GOG will put it up someday.
Re: BENEATH. A. STEEL. SKY. 2!
Posted: September 29, 2012 • 9:38 am
by Frogacuda
I liked Beneath a Steel Sky, but the only adventure games I get sentimental over are comedies.
This Kickstarter thing really has led to a full-on adventure renaissance. It remains to be seen if it sticks, and adventure games continue stay around, but we've got a full roster of high-caliber adventure games coming next year; a legit second chance if ever I've seen one. If there really is a place for these games in the modern gaming landscape, we'll find out the real answer once and for all.